Eric R. Carlson DMD, MD, FACS
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Certification: American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Schools: University of Miami School of Medicine; University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
Internships: Allegheny General Hospital
Residencies: Allegheny General Hospital
Fellowships: Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Oral/head and neck tumor surgery
- Salivary gland surgery
- Osteonecrosis of the jaws
- Professor and Chairman, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Carlson ER, Ord RA (eds): Salivary gland pathology, diagnosis and management. Wiley Blackwell, 2008.
- Carlson ER: Differential diagnosis and management of neck masses. In: Laskin DM (ed): Clinician’s Manual of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 4th edition, Quintessence, chapter 25, 370-378, 2010.
- Carlson ER: Diagnosis and management of salivary gland infections. In: Turner M, Glickman R (eds): Salivary Gland Infections. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America 21: 293-312, 2009.
- Carlson ER, Campbell J: Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis. In: Fonseca R, Turvey T, Marciani R (eds). Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, St. Louis, Elsevier, 2008.
- Carlson ER, Basile JD: The role of surgical resection in the management of bisphosphonate related osteonecrosis of the jaws. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 67:85-95, 2009.
- The William F. Harrigan Award 2003
- Spirit of the Graduate School of Medicine Award – University of Tennessee Medical Center 2006
- Community Service Award – American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 2001
- AAOMS Presidential Achievement Award - 2014
- William F. Harrigan Society
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons, American Medical Association
- Chalmers J. Lyons Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The molecular aspects of oral/head and neck cancer: identification of HPV in oral cancer
- PET/CT scanning for the workup and staging of oral/head and neck cancer
- Gene up-regulation and down-regulation in oral/head and neck cancer