Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
We have been a nationally accredited program by the AACVPR since 2005. AACVPR (American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation) is the credentialing organization that assures cardiovascular rehabilitations program will maintain the highest standards of care in the treatment of cardiovascular and pulmonary patients.
Our program is designed to help you in returning to optimal health. Whatever your current level of wellness and fitness, the program will be tailored to your specific needs. Consistency is the key to your recovery. The exercise regimen begins at a moderate, comfortable level, gradually progressing to a more vigorous pace that is right for you, ensuring your safe return to optimal health.
To ensure a safe and positive experience please note the following:
- Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate foot wear
- Take all medications as prescribed prior to rehab
- Bring your oxygen with you. We can provide supplemental oxygen when needed.
- Advise staff of any issues affecting your day
- Medication dependent diabetic participants are required to bring their glucometers and appropriate snack to class in case of low blood sugar
- Advise staff of upcoming doctor appointments
Your heart rate, rhythm (continuous ECG monitoring in Phase 2), blood pressure, oxygen saturation and your personal exercise tolerance, will be closely monitored throughout the session. An individualized exercise prescription will be established for you to meet your goals. Your progress will be monitored and evaluated and progress reports will be sent to your physician.
Individualized education classes are also part of your recovery and we strongly encourage family participation. Education is provided by our staff, which includes the RN, Exercise Specialist, Dietitian, Pharmacist, respiratory therapist and psychologist. One-on-one counseling is also available to you and your family/partner.
We want this to be a highly satisfactory experience and look forward to working closely with you!
Phase 2 cardiac sessions: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00am is designated for Heart Failure
Exercise class times:
Education classes are held:
- 9:30am and 2:00pm
Phase 2 pulmonary sessions:Tuesday and Thursday
Exercise class times: 10:30am 1:00pm
Education classes are held: 9:30am and 2:00pm
Phase 3 maintenance sessions: Monday through Friday
- 7:30 am to 5:00pm Monday Wednesday Friday
- 8:00 am to 4:30pm Tuesday and Friday
Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate foot wear
Exercise equipment available:
Treadmill, stationary bike, recumbent bike, airbike, SciFit, NuStep, step, arm ergometer, rower, elliptical, balls, bands, free weights, and pneumatic weights
Do you have you asthma well controlled?
Thank you for your feedback.
- Yes; I am very diligent about taking medication17%
- No; I've never seen a doctor about it8%
- Fortunately, I do not suffer from asthma39%
- Sometimes; my asthma varies symptoms vary.34%