University Vascular Surgeons
University Vascular Surgeons are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the arteries and veins. These doctors helped develop stent grafts that are now being used throughout the United States for repair of aneurysms and clogged peripheral arteries. Endovascular stents often can be placed in the artery through a small incision, reducing post-operative pain and shortening recovery time.
Staff vascular surgeons lead East Tennessee’s only training program for vascular surgery fellows and have the only kidney transplant service in the Knoxville area. In addition to advanced surgical procedures, complete noninvasive vascular system testing using state-of-the-art technology and expertise is offered.
Physician referrals and self-referrals are accepted for the following.
- Blood clots in veins and pulmonary embolus
- Carotid and cerebrovascular disease
- Claudication (leg cramps secondary to poor blood flow)
- Endovascular surgical intervention and stents
- Lower extremity/limb salvage
- Mesenteric arterial insufficiency
- Noninvasive vascular testing
- Reno-vascular disease
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
- Vascular and varicose vein surgery
- Joshua D. Arnold, MD
- Alex W. Cantafio, MD
- Michael B. Freeman, MD
- Oscar H. Grandas, MD
- Scott L. Stevens, MD
- Michael M. McNally MD
Contact University Vascular Surgery by calling 865.305.8040.