One of the key missions for the Brain and Spine Institute is to provide information and access to community services. The institute is committed to supporting you and your family. It often is important for patients to share their stories as well as for others to hear them. A lot of comfort and support can be passed on to the next patient through shared experiences.
In this section you will find inspirational survivor stories that may comfort you. As a patient of UT Medical Center, the Brain and Spine Institute welcomes you to share your story with patients going through similar challenges.
Below are stories of hope. The Brain and Spine Institute and UT Medical Center staff, patients and families thank them for the courage and their willingness to share their experiences.
- Frank Munro - Stroke
- Heath Woods - Stroke
- Betty R. Hood - Stroke
- Evelyn Botts - Lung Cancer, Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Jack McGuire - Stroke
- Marion Mulcahy - Stroke
- Wanda Thrasher - Trigeminal Neuralgia, Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Jimmie Vance - Trigeminal Neuralgia, Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Janice Combs -Brain Meningioma, Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Lenoard Rheault - Brain Tumor
- W. Mamie Johnson - Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO)