Childbirth & Pregnancy Services
You already have learned that you are having a child. Now, there are so many decisions that have to be made, including the hospital that you want to provide the care for you and your baby. UT Medical Center is committed to giving new moms and babies exceptional care through its many services for the expectant mom and dad.
UT Medical Center provides Knoxville and surrounding counties with a caring birthing and delivery environment and childbirth services, the most qualified staff in the Knoxville area and the most state-of-the-art facilities, including a Level III Center intensive care nursery, for having your baby in East Tennessee. The Labor and Delivery Center, and newly renovated Mother / Baby unit are all conveniently located on the third floor of the hospital so that you do not have to go anywhere else for your care.
- Breastfeeding (Lactation) Services
- Car Seat Information
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Developmental and Genetics Center
- High-Risk Perinatal Services (High-Risk Obstetrics)
- Labor and Delivery
- Mother / Baby Care
- Newborn Screenings
- Newborn Photography - Bella Baby
- NICU - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Prenatal Care Services
- Pregnancy Central
- Frequently Asked Questions - labor & delivery
- Frequently Asked Questions - childbirth classes
To schedule your appointment at UT Medical Center, call 865.305.6970 and speak with a healthcare coordinator.
Contact Us: Important Numbers
Use the following numbers to find out more about pregnancy and childbirth services at UT Medical Center.
Healthcare Coordinators are available Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm, by calling 865.305.6970.
- Admissions Office - 865.305.6000
- Birth Certificate Information - 865.305.9750
- Breastfeeding (lactation) services - 865.305.9337
- Childbirth Education - 865.305.9300
- Development & Genetic Services - 865.305.9030
- High-risk Obstetrics - 865.305.9300
- Lactation Consultants - 865.305.9337
- Tours of the Birthing Center - 865.305.9300
- General Information: 865.305.9000
- Labor & Delivery Information - 865.305.9830
- Mother/Baby Nurses Station - 865.305.9831
- Triage (OB Emergency) - 865.305.9587
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - 865.305.9834