Joseph T. Chun MD
University Plastic Surgeons
1934 Alcoa Highway, Suite D-362
Knoxville, TN 37920
Certification: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Schools: Medical College of Virginia
Internships: University of Tennessee Medical Center
Residencies: University of Tennessee Medical Center
Fellowships: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center , Dallas
- Facial cosmetic surgery
- Cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery
- Body contouring after massive weight loss
- Trauma reconstruction
- Cancer reconstruction
- Associate Professor Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery
- 1. Sutphin DD, Chun JT, et al. “Type A Botulinum Toxin-Induced Antibody Production: A Murine Model of Antibody Response”. Aesthetic Surgery, Vol. 29, Issue 5, Sept-Oct, 414-418.
- In Shiffman MA, Giuseppe AD (Eds): “UAL of the Breast-Histologic Changes” Chapter 37, pp 261-264. In Liposuction, Principles and Practice. Springer-Verlag, 2006.
- Chun JT, Taylor JW, VanMeter S. “UAL of the Breast-Histologic Changes” IJCSAD 6(1) March 2004.
- Chang P, Chun JT, Bell JL. “Complex Enterocutaneous Fistula: Closure With Rectus Abdominus Flap”. Southern Medical
- Journal, 93(6) June 2000, 599-602.
- Reath DB, Chun JT, Co-Editor ”Plastic Surgery: Diseases of the Skin and Soft Tissue, Face and Hand” Essentials of Surgical
- Specialties, Williams and Wilkins, 2nd and 3rd Editions, 1996 and 2000.
- Cum Laude Duke University 1980
- Resident Teaching Award UT Medical Center 1988
- PSEF Reconstructive Award-Video Session 1991
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Tennessee Society of Plastic Surgeons
Chief, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery