Clayton W. Bell, MD
UT Internal Medicine & Integrated Health
1932 Alcoa Highway, Ste C-470 & Cancer Institute F320
Knoxville, TN 37920
Phone: (865) 971-3539
Fax: (865) 971-3069
Honors, Societies & Professional Organizations
- Society of Integrative Oncology Young Investigator Forum Award Recipient: Colorectal Cancer Microbiome and Biomarkers Associated with Patient Outcomes, SIO International Conference, 2019
- American Board of Physician Specialties: Integrative Medicine
- American Board of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- Society of Integrative Oncology
- National Ayurvedic Medical Association
- Tennessee Pain Society
- Physician Leadership Academy (Class of 2018 at University of Tennessee Medical Center)
Dr. Clayton Bell’s medical practice combines cutting edge, evidence-based Western Medicine with the ancient healing wisdoms of the East. This blend allows the patient to be heard and seen on multiple levels: physical, mental, and spiritual. Dr. Bell has been shaped by his transformational personal and medical experiences both nationally and internationally. He has delivered babies in Maine, treated cholera epidemics in Haiti, taken a vision quest, ridden his bicycle across the country twice, and hiked across the Himalayas, Alps, Patagonia, and New Zealand. These experiences solidified Dr. Bell’s medical philosophy that the common thread to optimizing vitality and health lies with activating, supporting, and empowering the person to heal themselves from the inside out.
Education & Training
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Central Maine Medical Center
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Board of Integrative Medicine
- The Effect of the MNRI Method on Neurotransmitter Biomarkers of Individuals with Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Bell, C., Deiss T., Whitney J., Deiss, T., Tatarinova T., Franckle, L., Beaven S., Davis J., Neuroscience & Medicine, 2019, 10, 292-321.
- Economic Disparities in Appalachia linked to Risk Factors for Long-term Health for Estrogen Positive Breast Cancer Patients. Cancer Treatment and Research Communications. , Roberson, P. N. E., Miller, M., Lloyd, J., Bell, C., Heidel, R. E., Bell, J., Cancer Treatment and Research Communications, Volume 19, 2019.
- Physiological Markers and Reflex Pattern Progression in Individuals with Neurodevelopmental Deficits Utilizing the MNRI Method, Deiss, T., Meyers, R., Whitney, J., Bell, C., Tatarinova, Т., Franckle, L. and Beaven, S, Neuroscience & Medicine, 2019, 10, 30-54.
- Physiological Markers and Reflex Pattern Progression in Individuals with Neurodevelopmental Deficits Utilizing the MNRI Method., Deiss, T., Meyers, R., Whitney, J., Bell, C., Tatarinova, Т., Franckle, L. and Beaven, S., Neuroscience & Medicine, 10, 30-54. , Vol.10 No.1, March 2019.
- Ancient Wisdom: Can Ayurvedic Prakruti Provide Invaluable Insights into Integrative Medicine?, Bell C, Heidel E, Sunega J, Drisko J., Ayurveda Journal of Health., 2017; XV(3): 27-34..
- Can Ayurvedic Prakruti Provide Invaluable Insights into Integrative Medicine?, Bell C, Heidel R, Sunega J, Drisko J, Ayurveda Journal of Health, 2017; 15(3): 27-34.