David A. Perkel, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Cardiology
1940 Alcoa Highway, Building E, Suite 310
Knoxville, TN 37920
Phone: (865) 544-2800
Honors, Societies & Professional Organizations
- American College of Cardiology
Cardiovascular imaging, lifestyle intervention
Dr. Perkel became a physician to make a difference and impact people in a positive way. Dr. Perkel and his wife, a clinical psychologist in Knoxville, have two young children. They enjoy spending time outdoors as a family.
Education & Training
- Medical School, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, 2009
- Internal Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/West Los Angeles Veteran's Administration; Los Angeles, CA, 2009
- Cardiovascular Disease, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN, 2017
- American Board of Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
- Traumatic ventricular septal defect resulting from a motor vehicle collision., Tonks R, Perkel D, Wehber A, Rogers B., Journal of Cardiovascular Echography. , 2018 Jul-Sep;28(3):191-193..
- Validation of the HAS-BLED tool in atrial fibrillation patients receiving rivaroxaban., Gorman EW, Perkel D, Dennis D, Yates J, Heidel RE, Wortham D., Journal of Atrial Fibrillation., 2016 Aug-Sep;9(2):16-18..
- Septic thrombophlebitis causing pulmonary valve endocarditis and septic pulmonary emboli: A rare and troublesome trifecta., Lakkakula VM, Perkel DA, Crook JJ, Overly TL., Journal of Cardiology & Clinical Research., 2016 Sep;4(6):1076..