Matthew L. Mancini, MD
Chief, Division of General Surgery
University Surgeons Associates, PC
1934 Alcoa Highway, Suite D-285
Knoxville, TN 37920
Phone: (865) 305-9620
Fax: (865) 525-3460
Regional Health Center - Sevierville
1130 Middle Creek Rd., 130
Sevierville, TN 37962
Honors, Societies & Professional Organizations
- Tennessee Medical Association Distinguished Service Award, 2019
- Hiram Crutchfield Teaching Award, UT Graduate School of Medicine, 1999
- Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Fellow
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Knoxville Academy of Medicine
- Southeastern Surgical Congress
- Tennessee Medical Association, President 2018-19
Minimally invasive surgery, bariatric surgery, robotic surgery, endocrine surgery, hernia surgery
Dr. Mancini enjoys being with his family and attending sports events.
Minimally invasive procedures, technology innovation, metabolics
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA, 1994
- General Surgery, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
- General Surgery, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, 1999
- American Board of Surgery
- Laparoscopic approach for the treatment of chronic groin pain after inguinal hernia repair : Laparoscopic approach for inguinodynia., Ramshaw B, Vetrano V, Jagadish M, Forman B, Heidel E, Mancini M. , Surg Endosc., 2017 Dec;31(12):5267-5274.. Epub 2017 Jun 7. PMID: 28593417.
- N.Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery alters serum metabolites and fatty acids in patients with morbid obesity- A prospective exploratory pilot study., Wijayatunga NN, Sams VG, Dawson JA, Mancini ML, Mancini GJ, Moustaid-Moussa , Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews., 2018 Jul 13:e3045. Rev. 2018 Nov;34(8):e3045. doi: 10.1002/dmrr.3045. Epub 2018 Sep 19. PMID:30003682.
- ML Mancini, M LaPinska and J Blatnik, Editors, , Surgical Principles in Inguinal Hernia Repair: A Comprehensive Guide to Anatomy and Operative Techniques, Inguinal and Femoral Anatomy., 2018. (ISBN: 978-3-319-92891-3) (ISBN: 978-3-319-92992-0). pp. 7-13, Springer International Publishing.