Life After Bariatric Surgery Virtual Support Group
Reinforce your new lifestyle, focus on good habits, and bolster your success. The “Life After Bariatric Surgery” virtual support group provides discussion and support for University Bariatric Center patients who have had bariatric surgery.
Support groups are held twice a month, on a Tuesday from 5:30 pm-6:30 pm, and on a Saturday, from 10 am-11 am. With new, helpful topics for each discussion, and encouraging facilitators, we can help you reach and maintain your weight loss goals.
Who This Support Group is For
University Bariatric Center offers support groups for our patients at every stage of their weight-loss journey.
Pre-op patients are welcome to attend as an introduction to virtual support group. They are asked to observe and follow the support group interactions. Pre-op patients will be given time at the end of the meeting to ask questions.
Virtual Bariatric Support Groups
- Due to COVID019, bariatric support groups are being offered through Microsoft Teams until further notice. In-person support groups are not available at this time.
- Please register for each meeting separately, to help us correctly register attendance. You’ll receive an email from University Bariatric Center the day before the support group, giving you the information you’ll need to attend online.
- Your confirmation email will include a QR code. These codes are used only at our in-person events. Please disregard the code for this event, since it is virtual.
- To cancel your registration, please email email@example.com
2021 Support Group Topics
Join us and share support, celebrate physical and emotional accomplishments, and talk about challenges with mental health and personal experiences.
- January 12 – Getting Back on Track after the Holidays: Setting Goals
- January 23 – COVID-19 and the “New Normal”
- February 2 – Creating or Revamping Your Exercise Plan
- February 20 – How to Fuel Your Body for Workouts After Weight Loss Surgery
- March 9 – Navigating Weight Regain After Weight Loss Surgery
- March 20 – The Important Role Supplements Play in Your Success
- April 13 – Surprises After Surgery: What You Didn’t Expect
- April 17 – The Good, Bad and the Ugly: Navigating Mood Changes
- May 11 – Strategies for a Lifelong Active Lifestyle
- May 15 – How To Include Your Family After Bariatric Surgery
- June 8 – Summer Recipe Swap
- June 19 – Staying on Track During Summer Vacation
- July 13 – Discussion Group: “The Honeymoon is Over”
- July 24 – The Body You Are In: How to Treat Yourself Well After Bariatric Surgery
- August 10 – Are you Getting the Most Out of Your Vitamins?
- August 21 – Identifying When Healthy Eating Has Gone Too Far After Bariatric Surgery
- September 14 – Gratitude
- September 25 – The Bariatric Patient Experience
- October 12 – Body Image and Relationship Changes
- October 16 – Strategies for Managing Cravings
- November 9 – Behavioral Plan for Holiday Eating
- November 20 – Restarting Motivation After Weight Loss Surgery
- December 14 – Setting the Foundation for Your Best Year Yet
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.