Newborn Care Class: Topics Covered:
- How to hold a baby
- Baby’s body temperature/regulation/overheating
- Why baby’s cry/comfort techniques/5 S’s
- Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Feeding, How to warm bottles, Prepping bottles, feeding at an angle
- Safe Sleep/SIDS Prevention
- Cord Care
- Circumcision Care
- Newborn Skin and Cradle Cap
- Nail Care
- How to use a thermometer and nasal aspirator
- When to call the Pediatrician
Cost: $25 per couple (This class is open to the community. You do not have to be delivering at UT Medical Center to attend. Classes fill quickly so register early!)
Class fees are non-refundable. However if a conflict should arise, it may be possible to move to another class date if space is available. Please call 865-305-9300 for more information.
Cost is $25.00 per couple. Only 1 ticket is needed for two people.