Health Topic Search Requests
Patients and the community may request health topic searches conducted by a medical librarian. Complete the form below and an associate will contact you within 1-2 business days.
We research questions for you.
This service provides information on health and medical topics such as:
- Symptoms and treatment of disease
- Preventive medicine
- Medical tests
- Internet resources
- Educational programs for the general public on locating and evaluating health information
We provide information on your questions confidentially by mail or email.
- What kinds of foods can I eat now that I have diabetes?
- My doctor says I have fibromyalgia. What does that mean?
- How do I find a doctor at the UT Medical Center?
- What is the latest treatment for my cancer?
The requests are processed as quickly as possible, for additonal information or questions, call 865-305-9525.
Please note: This information is provided by a medical librarian, not a health care professional. It is not to be taken as medical advice. If interpretation is needed, individuals should consult a physician or other health care professional.
MEET OUR LIBRARIANS
Our Preston Medical librarians and library associates are certified health information specialists. They are available on-site for walk-in assistance to help research specific health and wellness topics.
Health Information Center
The University of Tennessee Medical Center
1924 Alcoa Highway
Knoxville, TN 37920