Welcome to the Knoxville Neurology Clinic!
We are a full service neurology clinic, offering neurological consultation, Nerve Conduction Studies (electrical testing of nerve function), EMG (a test of muscle and nerve function), and EEG (brainwave testing).
Neurology is a branch of medicine that focuses on conditions of the nervous system. This includes brain, spinal cord, nerve, and muscle disorders.
A Neurologist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating nervous system disorders. While neurologists do not perform surgery, they are experts in determining the appropriateness of surgical intervention for neurological conditions.
Conditions treated in our office include
- Myopathy (Muscle Disease)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy (Pinched Nerves)
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Sciatica (Radiculopathy)
- Spinal Cord Disorders (Myelopathy)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Ulnar Neuropathy
Meet Our Team
Thank you for choosing Knoxville Neurology Clinic and we hope you find the following information helpful in preparing for your office visit.
- Office Hours: Office hours are from 8:00 to 5:00 Monday-Thursday
- Testing Hours: Appointments for testing are scheduled between 7:00 am and 4:30 pm
- New Patients: Pre-registration forms should be filled out prior to your arrival and all patient forms can be found on the New Patient Packet button above.
- Testing Patients: Testing forms should be filled out prior to your arrival and can be found on the Neurology Test Packet button above.
- Other Patient Forms: We require 2 weeks for processing all other forms. You will be required to sign a medical records release. There is a $20.00 charge on all forms and is payable up front. If you need a work excuse or release, please discuss this with the provider.
- Medical Records: Knoxville Neurology Clinic will forward medical records to your referring physician and if this office makes you an appointment with any physician we will forward your medical records to that office.
- Appointment Time: Every effort is made to see you as close to your scheduled appointment time as possible. In order to help us meet this standard, we ask that you arrive at least 30 minutes earlier than your appointment time. This will allow us time to register your information into our computer system.
- Updated Information: Because it is so important that we always maintain accurate information about you, we confirm specific information such as date of birth, telephone, address and insurance information at each visit. While we know many patients consider this excessive, we find it crucial to have the correct telephone number in order to contact you concerning your health status.
- Insurance/Identification: Please remember to bring your insurance card(s) and a form of identification (such as a driver’s license) with you. For your convenience, we do file most insurance plans, but it is extremely important that we have the correct information.
- Cancellation Notice: Knoxville Neurology Clinic requires a 24 hour notice of cancellation of appointment. Failure to cancel in a timely manner could jeopardize future appointments.
- Prescription Refills: Prescription refills may be requested by telephone and at follow up visits. Prescriptions for medications that are new to the patient are written during office visits only and will not be prescribed by telephone. Please be prepared to ask the provider for refills if needed. If you require a 90-day prescription, please ask for this and a prescription to take to your local pharmacy in order to provide you with enough medication until your shipment arrives.
- Testing/Results: The provider may order testing for you during your visit. Most test results will be sent to you by mail with instructions. Regardless of what you are told at the testing facility, this office requires 2 to 3 weeks for processing. In the event your test is abnormal you will be contacted by a nurse with proper instructions for care.
If you have any questions about your visit, please feel free to call the office.