Your First Appointment
Don’t be nervous about your first visit. Instead, come prepared and ready to address your health issues.
To ensure proper care please bring with you:
- A list of current medications,
- List of allergies,
- Insurance plans/cards including drug plans
Download and fill out your new patient packet before you arrive:
New Patient Packet – Dr. Bowling
New Patient Packet – Dr. Elder
New Patient Packet – Dr. Polin
We provide a treatment plan for each patient’s individual needs. Our staff is experienced in discussing and evaluating these sensitive problems. A comprehensive evaluation may include:
- Physical examination, similar to that which you undergo during your annual exam and Pap smear
- Bladder studies
- Cystoscopy, in which a thin tube is placed inside the urethra to view the inside of the urethra and bladder
- Urodynamic testing, an evaluation to check the function of the lower urinary tract which consists of the bladder, urethra and the voluntary and involuntary sphincter muscles
- Bowel studies
Anorectal physiology studies, which are tests to evaluate the anal sphincter, pelvic muscles, nerve function and rectal function.
Download these brochures and packets for more information.
UT Urogynecology Brochure