Medical Moment: Kidney Transplants
Dr. Alex Cantafio, Transplant Specialist, talks about kidney transplants. In this video Dr. Cantafio will answer the following questions:
• What does the human kidney do?
• Where do the organs for transplant come from?
• How does someone go about getting a kidney transplant?
• How can someone become a living donor?
• How is a kidney transplant done?
• How long would a patient have to wait for a kidney?
For more information on kidney transplants at The University of Tennessee Medical Center, contact the Center for Transplant Services.