Several January Dates Available for Mobile Mammography Unit in the Community!
Published: Thursday, December 13, 2018
Is it time for your mammogram?
UT Medical Center's Mobile Mammography Unit will provide 3D tomography screenings at the following dates and locations from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.:
Saturday, January 5 –Community Evangelistic Church -2650 Boyds Bridge Pike, Knoxville, TN 37914 – Knox County
Thursday, January 10 – Grainger County Health Department -185 Justice Center Drive, Rutledge, TN 37861 –Grainger County
Monday, January 14 –Food City 508 East Tri-County Blvd, Oliver Springs, TN 37840 –Roane County
Criteria for Screening Mammogram:
- Age 40+
- No current breast problems (such as lump, pain, nipple discharge, burning)
- No personal history of breast cancer
- Inform us if you have Breast implants (will take 2 appointment times)
- At least one year since your last screening mammogram
- Mobile stairs has a max weight limit of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs independently
Insurance is filed for each participant. Women age 40+ without insurance should call to qualify for grant funding.
To schedule an appointment please call the UT Breast Health Outreach Program at 865-305-9753.
This program made possible through support from the Susan G. Komen East TN, Champions for a Cause, and National Breast Cancer Foundation