Medical Moment: Vitamin D
Virgina Turner, MS, RD, LDN, talks about sources of vitamin D and how the body uses this vitamin. In this video Virginia will answer the following questions:
- What is the function of vitamin D?
- What are key sources of vitamin D?
- Is vitamin D deficiency common?
- Should I take vitamin D supplements?
- Where can I find additional nutrition resources?
For more information about nutrition services available at The University of Tennessee Medical Center, visit our website at www.utmedicalcenter.org or call the Healthcare Coordination office at 865-305-6970.