Welcome to the Cancer Institute
Thank you for choosing the Cancer Institute at The University of Tennessee Medical Center for your care.
We know that receiving a cancer diagnosis is difficult. Our goal is to offer services and programs designed to focus on you, the patient. Our multidisciplinary team of cancer specialists are dedicated to providing patients with the highest quality of care, support, and individualized treatment plans utilizing cutting-edge treatments. Learn more about the cancers we treat.
Our doctors, nurse navigators, and staff are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care. Your health care team will work together to develop your individualized treatment plan.
Learn more about the Cancer Institute.
¿Hablas español? Haga clic aquí para mas información.
Your First Appointment
Before your first appointment, please:
- Bring all medical records, test results and x-ray films pertaining to your disease
- Bring health insurance identification cards for each plan that covers you and proof of your address (such as a driver’s license or telephone bill).
- Arrive 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment time so you can complete the required information sheets.
- Bring a current list of ALL the medications that you take, including dosages, or bring all your pill bottles with you. Include all over the counter medications that you take. Report all allergies to medications, foods, or anything else that causes a reaction to your health care team.
- Bring a current list of all your physicians, including their address and phone number.
If you are a referring physician or health care professional, let the Cancer Institute help you find the right people, programs and services for your patients. Depending on the specialty needed, appointments can be made within 24 to 72 hours.