UT LIFESTAR is East Tennessee’s choice for air medical critical care transport.
Serving a 150 mile radius of Knoxville, UT LIFESTAR’s patients and health care partners can expect safe and patient-centered care from our experienced flight crews.
Our fleet of medical helicopters provides emergency aeromedical services and medical transport to patients in East Tennessee, Southeast Kentucky, Southwest Virginia, and Western North Carolina.
UT LIFESTAR uses two American Eurocopter EC-135 helicopters and three Bell 407 helicopters. The aircraft are strategically located across five regional bases. We deliver solutions for rapid helicopter transport and life-saving emergency care, to East Tennessee, Southeast Kentucky, Southwest Virginia, and Western North Carolina.
UT LIFESTAR provides:
- Access to Knoxville hospital patient transfer centers
- Access to experienced and highly trained critical care nurses and paramedics
- Access to rapid and reliable critical care transport
UT LIFESTAR brings the hospital to you, with state of the art monitoring and patient care equipment. We are the only area transport modality that carries an emergency blood supply. A satellite phone is available for physician consult if needed.
UT LIFESTAR is dedicated to providing quality education and training to our regional EMS and hospital partners. We offer:
- A state-licensed Instructor Coordinator
- Simulation center for cutting-edge training
- Ability to tailor educational offerings to meet your particular need at your location
- State contact hours
The UT LIFESTAR Commitment
UT LIFESTAR prides itself on its commitment to excellence. When you choose UT LIFESTAR, you receive:
- Rapid access to emergent and urgent transfer
- Specialized and quality solutions to the treatment and transport of your patient
- Attentive staff to ensure your needs are met in a timely and professional manner
Air Operations Information
All air operations are provided by Med-Trans. All medical services are provided by The University of Tennessee Medical Center. Learn More
UT LIFESTAR participates in the AirMedCare Network, America’s largest air ambulance membership network. Purchase membership coverage across a 38-state service area. Learn More