Thomas L. Young, MD
Associate Professor, Knoxville Unit, UT College of Medicine
1928 Alcoa Highway, Suite B-105
Knoxville, TN 37920
Phone: (865) 305-9595
Honors, Societies & Professional Organizations
- Associate member of the American College of Physicians
- Vice President of the University of Tennessee House Staff Officers Society
- Member of the AGA and ASGE
Involved in a retrospective study of approximately 500 achalasia patients and developed an achalasia registry at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Young was also involved in the prospective study of the prototype heater probe at the Cleveland Clinic. He is currently on the GI Service Teaching Staff at UT Medical Center
Education & Training
- The University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- The University of Tennessee, Memphis
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- AB Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- AB Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
- Blastomycosis in a Pap Smear- Possible Venereal Transmission: A Case Report, , Acta Cytologica , August, 1983.
- Nitrofurantoin-Induced Chronic Active Hepatitis, , Cleveland Clinic Quarterly Fall, 1985.
- Results of Treatment of Achalasia with Pneumatic Dilation, , Gastroenterology, May, 1985.
- Cylindrical Battery Ingestion: A Case of Endoscopic Retrieval, , Tennessee Medical Journal , September, 1992.
- PILL - Induced Esophageal Injury, , Tennessee Medical Journal , September, 1992.
- Liver Biopsy - Associated Hemobilia Treated Conservatively, , Tennessee Medical Journal, April, 1998.
- Collagenous Colitis Treated Successfully with Budesonide, , Tennessee Medical Journal , January, 2004.