Tjuan L. Overly, MD
Clinical Assistant Professor and Fellowship Director, Division of Cardiology
1940 Alcoa Highway, E-310
Knoxville, TN 37920
Phone: (865) 544-2800
Fax: (865) 544-6812
Honors, Societies & Professional Organizations
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- Association of Black Cardiologists
Carotid and peripheral intervention; complex coronary interventions; PFO and ASD closure; valvular heart disease: TAVR, mitral valvuloplasty and MitraClip; hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: alcohol septal ablations; venous disease: endovenous ablation
For Dr. Overly, the greatest satisfaction originates in the interpersonal relationships and trust that develop in patients for whom I provide care. Dr. Overly and his wife, Sara, a nurse practitioner, live in Knoxville. In his leisure time, Dr. Overly enjoys reading, playing basketball and tennis, traveling with his wife and cheering for University of Kentucky Wildcats. In addition, he enjoys music and is a former member of the world renowned Fisk Jubilee Singers.
Education & Training
- Medical School University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, 1999
- Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Internal Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, 2003
- Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland Ohio, 2006
- Interventional Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland Ohio, 2008
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology
- Improved outcomes associated with the use of shock protocols: Updates from the National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative., Basir MB, Kapur NK, Patel K, Salam MA, Schreiber T, Kaki A, Hanson I, Almany S, Timmis S, Dixon S, Kolski B, Todd J, Senter S, Marso S, Lasorda D, Wilkins C, Lalonde T, Attallah A, Larkin T, Dupont A, Marshall J, Patel N, Overly T, Green M, Tehrani B, Truesdell AG, Sharma R, Akhtar Y, McRae T 3rd, O'Neill B, Finley J, Rahman A, Foster M, Askari R, Goldsweig A, Martin S, Bharadwaj A, Khuddus M, Caputo C, Korpas D, Cawich I, McAllister D, Blank N, Alraies MC, Fisher R, Khandelwal A, Alaswad K, Lemor A, Johnson T, Hacala M, O'Neill WW; National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative Investigators., Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions., 2019 Apr 25. [Epub ahead of print].
- Septic thrombophlebitis causing pulmonary valve endocarditis and septic pulmonary emboli: A rare and troublesome trifecta., Lakkakula VM, Perkel DA, Crook JJ, Overly TL., Journal of Cardiology & Clinical Research., 2016 Sep;4(6):1076..