At Speech Language Pathology, we are committed to helping you achieve the best communication and swallowing function. We evaluate and treat disorders of:
- Swallowing disorders
We provide these services for inpatients of any age, as well as outpatient adults. Depending on the your level of impairment, emphasis may be on restoring function or on developing compensatory strategies.
Our Services at Speech Language Pathology
- Voice Evaluations with Videostroboscopy
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies
- Alternative and Augmentative Evaluations and Therapy
- Lee Silverman Voice Therapy (LSVT LOUD)
- McNeill Dysphagia Therapy
- Cognitive and Language Therapy for Acquired Communication Disorders, ex. stroke, trauma, or progressive neurological disorders
- Head and neck cancer specific rehabilitation program
- Dysarthria evaluations and therapy
- Oral motor, feeding, swallowing, and/or communication evaluations for hospitalized infants and pediatrics
Speech-language pathology graduate students from the University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center and externs from other graduate programs may participate in the provision of services under the supervision of staff as a part of their professional education.