Volunteers at The University of Tennessee Medical Center range in age from 14 to 95 and participate in a wide variety of activities. Our team in blue is an active presence in our organization.
The basic requirements for volunteering are simple. You must:
- Have the desire to meet new people and make new friends
- Be interested in helping others and making a difference in our world while broadening their range of skills and knowledge
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete orientation and follow procedures
- Commit to working a four hour shift one day a week
- Complete a criminal background check
- Complete health requirement including TB test and provide proof of immunizations
There are several volunteer opportunities for hospital services, such as: assisting patient visitors, being a surgery lounge ambassador, acting as a way-finder or making flower deliveries.
Would you like to support our staff? Help patients and visitors? When you volunteer at the medical center, you’ll experience great benefits. You’ll see the positive impact of your work every day, expand your job opportunities and improve your health.
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe